- July 23, 2016 There was a massive power outage at the University on Friday and unfortunately I don't currently have full access to the server. Data will be missing until at least Monday. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- April 26, 2016 Working on system outage
- October 16, 2014 Radar Mosaics restored.
- October 14, 2014 Upgraded GEMPAK (Map generation) software to latest version.
- October 2, 2014 - As stated, will work with adjusting satellite imagery, particularly oceanic views, this weekend - (Thanks for reporting, Bruce)
- October 2, 2014 - Fixed issue whereby MOS files were appearing out of order at the start of the month (Thanks for notifying us of this bug, Scott!)
- September 30, 2014 - East and West Coast Satellite Images fixed and will arrive with increased frequency and for visible, improved resolution. Will work on tropics next; may add Alaska and Hawaii if sufficient demand exists.
- September 27, 2014 - Web Server restored after hardware failure.
- September 21, 2014 - U.S. Temperature map restored (colors were not outputting correctly due to a corrupt grid file)
- January 19, 2014 - Fixed accounts so that you don't have to login as often; cookies should last one year and are no longer tied to IP address. (I.e. if you are using a phone or laptop and go elsewhere, you should still be logged in).
- January 18, 2014 - Add help menu with contact form. Modified menu so that it is easier to see on most browsers
- January 18, 2014 - Numerous server upgrades and fixes.
- June 2, 2013 - Switched Satellite products to GOES-14 due to GOES-13 outage.
- May 12, 2013 - Added Severe Wx related model products to Severe Wx landing page."
Overnight: partly cloudy, low in the lower 50s. Sunday: partly cloudy, high in the upper 70s, wind south 7013 m.p.h. Sunday night: cloudy, low in the mid 50s. Monday: showers, chance for isolated thunderstorms, high near 70, wind south 10-17 m.p.h.
A large surface high pressure system over the eastern U.S. will keep warm dry air weather over Ohio on Sunday. A cold front extends from Minnesota to Texas. The front will move eastward slowly during the next several days. Clouds will increase on Sunday night as the cold front gets closer to the Ohio. A low pressure system may develop along the front as it crosses the state on Monday. Convergence into the low and along the front will generate showers and it could generate isolated thunderstorms.
We are in the process of building our Tropical Weather Pages. These pages will feature valuable information issued by the National Hurricane Center, Satellite imagery, and more!Go to Tropical Weather
These pages feature links to textual products issued by the Storm Prediction Center and severe weather index charts. We will add model data geared specifically to forecasting for severe weather soon!Go to Severe Weather
Ohio State's Atmospheric Science and Climatology program equips students with the skills and knowledge to embark on careers in the National Weather Service, private weather industry, graduate school, and beyond.More about OSU's ASC Program